Nasyam therapy is one of the five classical Panchakarma therapies. The procedure involves the administration of drops of either medicated oils, ghee or herbal juices in the nostrils. The duration of the course of the therapy varies from 5 to 7 days or as decided by the vaidya based on the individual’s original constitution (Prakruti ) and the altered state of the constitution (Vikruti) at the time of deciding the treatment.
What makes this Nasyam Therapy the most effective?
Every other treatment in Ayurveda caters to psychosomatic or somatopsychic symptoms of the body. Some of them also address the ailments that surfaced because of lifestyle and dietary mistakes. Ayurveda has mentioned that the nose is the most effective doorway to the brain, mind and consciousness. Therefore, Nasyam becomes the only therapy that directly impacts the central nervous system thus enhancing cerebral circulation. It also activates specific Pranic activity while restoring and balancing prana in the body.
Benefits Of Nasyam Therapy :-
- It calms the stress in the nerves arising from the central nervous system. This leads to the pacifying of Stress in the neck and upper thoracic region.
- It helps in reducing the recurrence of pain due to cervical spondylitis, frozen shoulder, tennis elbow. It also positively impacts the overall pain in this region.
- With regular Nasyam therapy, one can enjoy radiance on facial skin, reversal of hair fall and greying. (The frequency of the course is decided by vaidya)
- Nasyam Therapy can help you to get into a tranquil state of mind.
- It can control the frequent attacks of cold and sinusitis by improving the immunity in the upper respiratory tract.
- Sometimes Nasyam Therapy is combined with ‘Pichu’ therapy to enhance the therapeutic effects of the therapy. Eg. In an extreme state of emotional state, anxiety, uncontrolled hypertension etc.
- The overall duration of treatment/line of medication to be administered, and the dosage is decided by a qualified Vaidya only after establishing psycho-physiological energy patterns in the body.
A meritorious alumna of the prestigious RA Poddar Ayurvedic College with profound spiritual understanding. She is trained in Nadi vidya by a strict guru-shishya lineage and has clinical experience with more than 15 years. An excellent orator who has been invited to various national and international platforms that empower audiences with the knowledge of Āyurveda. Dr. Rushalli Nair is the first-ever lady Vaidya who has been invited to Swaminarayan temple to offer her services to Sadhvis and devotees.